Re: STK 3.99 on Solaris

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_kaolin.unice.fr>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 23:10:14 +0300

Ron Lawrence writes:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been trying, without success, to build STk 3.99.0 on a solaris
> box.
>
> I was able to get past some of the make problems that were discussed
> on this mailing list last week.
>
> (I have things up and running nicely on a linux PC.)
>
> The problem that I am still having seems mostly concentrated in the
> shared libraries portion of the build.
>
> The build appears to complete, but I am not able to load any of the
> shared libraries in the Extensions directory.

I have compiled STk on Solaris but don't remember to have problems (but I must
admit that I have made minimal tests). However I think that I was able
to run S-scape.stklos (which use dynamic loading).

What is the value of your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable?

Can you just do the following test:
        (set! *load-verbose* #t)
        (require "hash")
and send me a transcript of the session?

                -- Erick