Re: STk win32 version binary.

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_unice.fr>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:24:30 +0100 (CET)

Andrew Dorrell writes:
> Erick Gallesio wrote:
> >
> > I have placed a binary version of STk for Windows in the file
> >
> > ftp://kaolin.unice.fr/pub/STk/Binary/STkwin32-3.99.4.zip
> >

> Just some feedback. I managed to build the 3.99.4 realease using Visual
> C++ 6.0. The project files updated without a hitch.

It was compiled with 5.0. I'm happy to see that I have put the
necessary files to compile a version in the distribution (I was really
unsure of that, since I must admit that I have not yet understood how
this compiler works).

> STk runs but seems
> very unstable compared to the trust old Linux version. Have stoped
> using it for that reason. Sorry I can't be more specific but thought
> some feedback was better than none ;-)

I know that. In fact this version is not tested as mush as the Unix
version is for the simple reason that I NEVER use Windows (except when
doing the port of course :-).

It is very important that people which have interest in this port use
it and exercise it to find the bugs, because I will never see them.

BTW, it seems that there is some (low for now) interest in the Win32
port and I'm aware of some bugs that I have already fixed, so things
should be better in a not too long future.

                -- Erick