Re: 3.99.2 bug

From: Andrew Dorrell <dorrell_at_ihf.uts.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 13:02:45 +1000

Walter C. Pelissero wrote:

> Andrew Dorrell <dorrell_at_ihf.uts.edu.au> writes:
>
> > (require "Tk-classes")
> > (pack (make <choice-box>))
> >
> > Press mouse button 1 in the entry box, hit tab then space to activate
> > the menu button then press either the left or right cursor key.
> >
> > Result: CPU goes 100% and the application stops responding.
>
> I belive you found a bug in the menu button widget (the bump you see
> on the right of the entry is a menu button after all).

Agreed... just found the bug in this context

> If you try this script, it will exhibit the same behavior:
>
> (menubutton '.foo :text "foo" :menu '.foo.menu)
> (menu '.foo.menu)
> (pack .foo)
>
> but the corresponding script in wish8.0 will work as expected:
>
> menubutton .foo -text "foo" -menu .foo.menu
> menu .foo.menu
> pack .foo

ie. the problem is somewhere in the STk interface to the Tk menu or
menubutton bindings and has nothing to do with stklos.

Thanks, I will look a little further,
--
Mr Andrew Dorrell                                *
Faculty of Engineering             /---\  Whoo?      *