Re: 3.99.2 bug

From: Walter C. Pelissero <wcp_at_luppolo.lpds.sublink.org>
Date: 07 Jul 1998 12:22:03 +0200

Andrew Dorrell <dorrell_at_ihf.uts.edu.au> writes:

> (require "Tk-classes")
> (pack (make <choice-box>))
>
> Press mouse button 1 in the entry box, hit tab then space to activate
> the menu button then press either the left or right cursor key.
>
> Result: CPU goes 100% and the application stops responding.

I belive you found a bug in the menu button widget (the bump you see
on the right of the entry is a menu button after all).

If you try this script, it will exhibit the same behavior:

        (menubutton '.foo :text "foo" :menu '.foo.menu)
        (menu '.foo.menu)
        (pack .foo)

but the corresponding script in wish8.0 will work as expected:

--
By sending unsolicited commercially-oriented e-mail to this address,
the sender agrees to pay a $100 flat fee to the recipient for