Re: Adding new widgets

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_kaolin.unice.fr>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 1996 13:19:26 +0000

> Clifford Beshers writes

> Is there a collection of hints for adding new widgets? I'm trying to
> add an OpenGL widget to my application. The widget works fine with
> standard Tcl/Tk, but dies horribly in Tk_ConfigureWidget. I looked
> through all of the #ifdef STk_CODE in the standard Tk files, and made
> the appropriate changes. Is there a guide to ``gotcha's''?

No therer is no real documentation for this kind of work. I know that I should
write one, but have not found the time to do it until now...
However in a first attempt, you can try to left unmodified all the widget
options as in Tcl. It should work. The only problem you should have is that the
value of the options will be seen as strings, most of the time. Apart that,
everything should be correct.

Can you be more precise on the problem you have and eventually give me the
reference on the widget you want to use, since as far as I know there are
several widget for OpenGL. I can try to have a look at it.

                -- Erick