Re: STk *and* TCL

From: <jredford_at_seelebrennt.lehman.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 94 20:28:25 -0400

> From: fox_at_first.cs.nyu.edu (David Fox)
> Subject: Re: STk *and* TCL
>
> john lewis writes:
> >
> > > Some people around here don't want to give up TCL, they think that the
> >
> > I think that if people want to have the tcl syntax with tk, they should
> > just use tcl itself. We use stk because scheme is a much better
> > language than tcl, and because we prefer the syntax.
>
> I'm not sure I made myself clear. We want to be able to
> create a system that contains *both* TCL code and STk code.

One cannot help but wonder why. On the face of it your request seems
absurd. What would you possibly gain from this? One might just as
happily mix:

  perl & python
  C++ & ObjC
  Dylan & Dylan
  Peanut Butter & Chocolate

To use the well known Python school of extention design, I'll request
you demonstrate that this would benefit STk. Include proof.

--
John Redford (AKA GArrow) | 3,600 hours of tape.
jredford_at_lehman.com       | 5 cans of Scotchguard.