Re: STk *and* TCL

From: Berry Kercheval <kerch_at_parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 13:02:46 PDT

In message <9410041856.AA05859_at_first.cs.nyu.edu> you write:
>john lewis writes:
> >
> > > Some people around here don't want to give up TCL, they think that the
> >
> > I think that if people want to have the tcl syntax with tk, they should
> > just use tcl itself. We use stk because scheme is a much better
> > language than tcl, and because we prefer the syntax.
>
>I'm not sure I made myself clear. We want to be able to
>create a system that contains *both* TCL code and STk code.

Surely it would not be hard to create am STk extension that bundles up
Tcl_Eval() into
a Scheme primitive? THen you could do

        (Tcl_Eval "set x [lindex foo $bar]")

and so on...

<kerch waves hands frantically over a host of little details he doesn't want
to address>

  --berry