Re: Anyone seen this menu problem?

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_taloa.unice.fr>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 23:19:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Paul,

> It turns out that it is very easy to crash using call/cc.
> For example:
>
> (call/cc (lambda (exit) (exit 99)))
>
> will seg fault in the same way.

What is the machine you are running STk on? It works perfectly on my
Linux box. Tomorrow, I will be able to test also that on Solaris and
Digital Unix.

> I did manage to fix this too. In STk_throw in cont.c a variable
> on the stack was being overwritten by the stack reset. The fix
> was to use the static variable 'tmp' instead.

Oops, I didn't see that you have a fix. That's really fine.

> I am now up and running with my top level menus. I had to make
> other fixes, but these were relatively minor and easy.
>
> Erick: how would you like us to get you these changes?

A patch or the set of mofified files is perfect for me. Send me what
is more convenient for you. I will integrate your change for the
upcoming release.

Thanks by advance.

                -- Erick