Re: something strange about the autoload

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_unice.fr>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:37:25 +0100 (CET)

Brian Denheyer writes:

> My program which defines a class which inherits <line> works,
> i.e. doesn't give me the "class <line> not found" message if I use :
>
> (require "Canvas")
> (require "Tk-classes")
>
> but NOT if I do :
>
> (require "Tk-classes")
> (require "Canvas")
>
> I am assuming this is something strange related to autoload ???

Yes, this is my fault. Ideally I would like that the only require
necessary for using Tk and STklos should be (require "Tk-classes").
And you should not bother with the order of the require.

I was (wrongly) assuming that we cannot use a canvas item
without defining a canvas (since you have to cite a canvas in the
parent of this item. I had just forgot that you can define subclasses
of Canvas items classes.

Hereafter is a patch, which resolves this problem.

                -- Erick