Re: [ANNOUNCE] SRFI --- A new approach to portable Scheme code

From: Jeffrey Mark Siskind <qobi_at_research.nj.nec.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:44:46 -0500

   The only
   Scheme group, that I'm aware of that, which wasn't represented was the
   RScheme group [...]

I was not represented at the Scheme workshop. And I strongly oppose the SRFI
policy and mechanism.

   Ultimately, it's up to you, me, and the rest of the users/developers
   to *require* the implementors to make SRFIs work.

And this is one of the reasons why.

I strongly believe that Scheme should not be standardized. This is a well
thought out position. Based on realistic assesments of the role that Scheme
has played in the past, does play at the present, and I hope will continue to
play in the future. I will engage anybody who disagrees with this position in
reasonable debate.

    Jeff (http://www.neci.nj.nec.com/homepages/qobi)