Re: C structs and STk FFI (and Copyright problems ...)

From: Christopher Oliver <oliver_at_fritz.traverse.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 18:03:10 -0500

On Fri, Dec 25, 1998 at 12:20:08PM +0100, Erick Gallesio wrote:
> BTW, I have decided to delete the clause about commercial applications
> in the STk copyright. As I have already said here (and in a lot of
> private mails), this clause was just for "counting" commercial
> applications and I always given permission to use STk in commercial
> products to people which have asked for.

While I think that removing the legal requirement is a good thing
since this may attract new users from business, I would like to
suggest that you still solicit notice. I don't know if STk hack-
ing needs justification at Nice, but I think that having a list
of satisfied users will help those making a case for Scheme as a
development language elsewhere. I'm thinking about something in
the vein of the DDD users list, which while completely voluntary,
makes clear that DDD has many fans in high places.

--
Christopher Oliver, Traverse Internet, oliver_at_traverse.net
  We've secretly replaced their web server with Folgers Crystals.