Re: C structs and STk FFI (and Copyright problems ...)

From: Tony Kimball <alk_at_pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 10:54:19 -0600 (CST)

Quoth Harvey J. Stein on , 25 December:
:
: The reason I like
: the GPL better than, for example, BSD style licenses is precisely
: because it prevents the software from becoming proprietary. We had a
: very close call with X11 becoming closed which would have been entirely
: avoided if it were under the GPL.

The copyright holder always has the right to issue the code under
any copyright they choose. As the author of GPL code, I can release
that code under a commercial license at will. This is true of GPL
code and of BSD code alike. Only the copyright holder has the right
to do this.

But let us move this conversation to gnu.misc.discuss.