Re: 3.99.3

From: Andrew Dorrell <dorrell_at_enviscom.com.au>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 07:36:05 +0000

Harvey J. Stein wrote:

> Russ McManus <russell.mcmanus_at_gs.com> writes:
>
> > I would like to make a potentially controversial suggestion. Perhaps
> > guile could become the base for STk. I know some guile/stk work has
> > gone on already, and that STk and bigloo are getting closer together,
> > also.
>
> Please, please, please don't do this!

        Here here. I have been using extensions to STk which have
remained
substantially unchanged since version 2.x. I could not have enjoyed
such stability with guile. Similarly, little has changes in my STklos
programs yet the Tk version has moved from 3.6 to 8.0.X. Erik really
deserves more credit for this.

I would personally like to see guile dropped in favour of STk. BTW I
found a pointer to STk on the latest Tcl/Tk pages. It points to the
FAQ, which is a little in need of attention... Perhaps its about time
one of us with "more better english" lent a hand.

--
Mr Andrew Dorrell                                *
Faculty of Engineering             /---\  Whoo?      *