Re: Multithreading

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_kaolin.unice.fr>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 21:13:16 +0100

Filippo De Grandi writes:
> Hello STk users!<br>
> I need to know if STk can manage multithreading programming.<br>

Not yet, but I hope to provide very soon something (it will not be too
efficient since it will be based on call/cc) but it will be here.

> I have to transform a scheme-espression evalutator written with MzScheme
> to STk, and in a line I found this:<br>
> starts a new thread of evalutation<br>
> How can i do it with STk ? And, first of all, is it possible ?<br>

It depends of what you have to do:
        - A non preemptive system can be easily written with the help
         of call/cc.
        - if your task is something which is very light you can probaly do it
        using the "after" Tk command.

In fact the system I will try to integrate is a mix of the two (the
light process which is in the "after" handler being the scheduler).

                -- Erick