Re: Problem with VIEW, INSPECT and DETAIL under Linux

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_kaolin.unice.fr>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 21:03:57 +0100

Paolo Amoroso writes:
> I run Slackware Linux 3.1 (kernel 2.0.0) on my Pentium system. I have
> installed STk 3.1.1 from the binary distribution available on the second
> Slackware CD-ROM.
>
> I have problems in evaluating VIEW, INSPECT and DETAIL. When I do, I get a
> partially completed window and an error message. Let's suppose I evaluate
> the following definition:

Inspect, view and detail were no more maintained because the Right version
should be written to replace it :-)
In fact this code was difficult to maintain and I give up in its updating from
releases to releases.
Hopefully, Brian Denheyer <briand_at_northwest.com>, has adapted this code for the
the last version of STk (not everything is correct since Brian did a minimal
adaptation because I said that I had a new scheme for the inspector which was
better than the old one). Brian's code will be in the next release of STk and
is quite usable.

The next release should have been made public this week-end, but for various
reasons it takes me more time than expected. I hope to be able to finish
everything this week.

BTW, i have not advanced on the Right version of the inspector of STk and I
suppose that it will take me some time before doing something useful on it
(there was a lot of modification in the new release and I'm a little bit
afraid that it will not be too stable for a while).

Any taker to continue the task?

                -- Erick