Re: useful string utility

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_kaolin.unice.fr>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 17:10:30 +0200

Ken Anderson writes:

> Scheme is a wonderful language, but I agree with you that
> character manipulation in it is very painful.
>
> Why is it painful? The loops in your C code become tail recursive
> functions, right? Something like this in Common Lisp:
>
> [pretty code deleted]

"painful" was not the good word, I should have said "verbose". The places where
I prefer using classical imperative languages are vector manipulation and
(this is exactly the same thing) string manipulation at a character level.
In these case I prefer the bracket notation which is (at least for me) more
natural than the xxx-ref one.

                -- Erick