propagated slots

From: Andrew Dorrell <andrewd_at_eng.uts.edu.au>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 10:24:53 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

Thanks for the quick replies to previous postings! On a slightly
different matter...

When designing composite widgets which use :propagated slots I would
like to be able to control the keyword used for the propagation. I
need this so that I can have a convinient mechanism for setting things
like the relief and border widths of components in a composite. I see
the idea working a little like this:

(define-class ...

   (button-1) (button-2)
   (button-relief :allocation :propagated
                        :propagate-as 'relief
                        :propagate-to (button-1 button-2))

        ...)

This approach seems to be much tidier than what I am doing at the
moment - which is allocating these slots as virtual and writing the
appropriate setters and getters manually. Has anyone done this
previously or have any hints as to how I would go about (best) doing
this. (I anticipate it would be a fairly minor change to stklos.stk)

Alternatively, is there already a mechanism for doing this; does
anyone have a better idea?

Thanks in advance,
Mr Andrew Dorrell
School of Electrical Engineering                 *
University of Technology, Sydney                     *
PO Box 123                                     *
Broadway NSW 2007                                   .
AUSTRALIA
                                                    *       /---\  Whoo?
Phone:   61 2 330 2395                                      (o o) /
Fax:     61 2 330 2435                                      ( : )
email:   andrewd_at_ee.uts.edu.au                               ^ ^
    OR   dorrell_at_ihf.uts.edu.au