tiny problems

From: <jmk3_at_crux4.cit.cornell.edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 04:07:49 -0400

I had the same problems with the Inspector.
I thought it might be a win32 thing, so didn't report.
Also, the gifs in the widget tour look much better in
the "native" Tcl widget tour (on Win32 even) than in the STk one,
I think (fuzzy memory, but that's what I think I saw).

STk on NT 3.51 seemed very picky how you start it.
"stk.exe" on a command line does not work.
"cmd /c stk.exe" on a command line does not work
"start stk.exe" on a command line works
It works from the program manager fine.
I put "start \programs\stk-3.1\stk %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9"
in stk.bat in my path.

There also seemed some glitchiness in quitting it, but some of
this seemed deliberate, since I saw it some on Linux, like if
you start stk with -file, you have to close the graphics window
and can't quit from the console.

Has anyone done any profiling? Some of the STk examples
are slow in places. I'm wondering if it's Tk, Scheme,
or, probably, both.

Very cool package overall.

 - Jay