Re: tkwait and stklos

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_kaolin.unice.fr>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 10:24:22 +0100

> Andre Gilles writes
> I'm trying to use stklos to build an application with widgets. I found
> that I can encapsualte everything within a class except one thing : the
> variable tkwait waits for.
>
> In Filebox.stk the variable is tkwait waits for is stk:filebox-lock.
> It is not a slot of the filebox class.
>
> Is it possible to make it a class and not a global variable ?

This is not yet possible. I have tried to find a more Schemish solution to
Tcl trace variable and tkwaits. In fact, I think that a clean way would be to
allow to set a trace on a variable in a given environment (or a slot in an
object). The problem is that I have not found a way to implement it
efficiently (or more exactly without having to pay for it even if you don't
use it). This
is on my TODO list....

                -- Erick