Re: STk 3.0b for Win95

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_kaolin.unice.fr>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 10:12:51 +0100

> Michael Wahrman writes
>
> I wish to thank everyone working on the Windows and NT version of STk.
> This will make it much easier for us to argue for the acceptance of STk
> as well as for our own ability too move research and products around.

I hope so and this is why I have started to port it on Win95.
BTW, I find that developping on this system is not amazing at all :-)

> Keep up the good work and keep the list informed.

It begins to work (entend: widgets works but there are some problem with some
kind of bindings (not all)). I think taht 2 or 3 days or work should suffice
to have something deliverable. The only problem is that I don't know how much
time it will take to find these 2 or 3 days.....

> The other interest that I have is to be able to distribute binaries only of
> my STk code (obviously to only specific target machines), in order to
> protect intellectual property.

A way that would achieve this goal (among others) would be to write a
compiler, but it could take some time ...
Another way, could be to write a special loader which reads crypted data and
translate them in the normal sexpr. Of course, you should also redefine
functions such as procedure-body or macro-body to void functions to avoid
taht a user dumps your application function by function.
It seems to me that it should be sufficient and very easy to implement, but it
is possible that there is a hole I have not seen. What do you think of this ?

> Michael
>

> Michael Wahrman
> One West 85th Street 3D New York City New York 10024
> Voice Mail : 212 873 2664 Fax: 212 595 7754 Pager: 800 864 8444
> Internet: wahrman_at_tribeca.ios.com
> "Res Ipsa Loquitur"
> "Saigon ... sh*t. I'm still in Saigon."

                -- Erick