Re: print-object

From: Ken Anderson <kanderso_at_bbn.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 1996 10:08:13 +0000

  Thanks for all the reply on the subject.

  I already noticed write-object and display-object. But, couldn't
  achieve my purpose. I'd like to display object information when it
  created(like in Keene's CLOS book)

  When I do like :
  (define my-obj (make <my-object>))

  want to display like :
  #[<my-object> #pafac80] has slot-a, slot-b

  instead of #[undefined]

  In CLOS, I can do it by defining a method of print-object. I defined
  display-object and write-object, but couldn't get similar effect like
  CLOS.

Display-object and write-object are the right generic for you to write
methods on to change an objects print behavior. However it seems you want
to change the behavior of define as well.