Re: Garbage collection of extended data types

From: Stefan Monnier <stefan.monnier_at_epfl.ch>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 1995 11:33:58 +0100

Erick Gallesio <eg_at_kaolin.unice.fr> wrote:
> BTW, I plan to add (soon) a way to assign a Scheme handler for each POSIX
> signal and for GC. The idea is to have a hook so that user can add code upon
> signal reception (of course the notion of signal will be extended to the GC).
> What people think of this, and what syntax would be more convenient?

Sure sounds like a good idea !

I don't know what would be the best interface. You could base the interface
on sh and its 'trap' command, or consider a handler more like an emacs' hook
and have 'add-hook' and such. In anycase, some signals don't quite fit the
emacs hooks so you could add 'set-hook' (this function wouldn't just add
a thunk to the list, but rather clear the list and put a single thunk into it)

        Stefan