Garbage collection of extended data types

From: David Fox <fox_at_GRAPHICS.CS.NYU.EDU>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 95 08:02:33 EDT

I have some C++ structures that are used as extended scheme
types from STk, and I use the mark and free functions to
do garbage collection of them, however...

Some of them are fairly complex, and during the marking phase
I traverse them to find which ones are live. I even have a
mark flag in them to reduce unnecessary traversals. Problem
is, I don't know when the marking phase is over so I can reset
my marks. Is there a way to tell? Should there be?