Re: portability

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_kaolin.unice.fr>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 16:42:19 +0100

> David Fox writes
> I just grabbed the lalr parser generator by Mark Johnson and
> tried it under snow. It works fine, except I have to change
> (require 'sort) to (require "sort"). Is there a reason for
> this difference?

STk's require admit only a string as parameter at loading time. But, if you
use SLIB, a require procedure is redefined with a symbol as parameter (this
symbol can be very different from the file name to load).
So:
        (require "xxx") loads the file "xxx" if needed
        (require 'xxx) loads the files needed to run the "package" xxx. This
        command being available only after having loaded the file "slib" which
        initializes the SLIB.

This is a little bit complicated but I used require/provide before making the
connection with SLIB.

                -- Erick