Re: portability

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_kaolin.unice.fr>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 23:27:32 +0100

> I might be willing to help in this effort if we can organize
> it. I can't help thinking that some day pretty soon we'll see
> an announcement for Guile Scheme-Tk in Java with Clos, and STk
> will be obsolete. Is it a reasonable apprehension, STk'ers?

Yes it is probably reasonnable in the long term. I think that Guile will be
used more an more in the future, but I'm not sure that it will be broadly used
in a near future: Version is out since 3 or 4 days; I had a look at it this
morning and a lot of things
are not yet finalized.

However, I think that making bridges between STk and Guile is important. This
is why I have said to Guile people that I I will port STklos to guile and make
STk compatible with the lgh (the high level Guile library).

                -- Erick