Re: non-blocking socket accept

From: Andrew Joseph Kompanek <ak10+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 21:49:09 -0400 (EDT)

I'm not sure I quite understand how make-server-socket and
socket-accept-connection are supposed to be used in a way
that supports multiple client connections.

Since socket-accept-connection "transmutes" the socket
over which the connection is made into a new one over
which communication takes place, this is the only
way to talk to a client. How do I handle multiple simultaneous
connections with this mechanism?

I could write a new socket-accept-connection that returns that
actually creates a new socket, but before I do that I thought
I'd see if there's a way to do this with the primitives provided.

Thanks!
Drew