Bitten by list boxes.

From: Harvey J. Stein <hjstein_at_MATH.HUJI.AC.IL>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 12:15:26 +0300

I'm also getting bitten by the fact that what comes out of a listbox
is different than what goes in.

In my case, I'm throwing a bunch of arbitrary strings into a listbox.
If the strings have spaces in them they come back as lists (using (get
listboxguy n), for example) and if there are sharps around (#), I
get read errors.

On the other hand, this doesn't occur with entry widgets. Is there
any way for STk to treat list box data the same way as entry widget
data? Or is there a subtle problem with Tk listboxes storing all
their data as one long string...

Also, is there any simple way to just dump all the data in a list box,
or do I have to iterate through all the entries. I'd like to do
something like (get listboxguy 0 'end) to return a list whose i'th
entry is the i'th entry of the listbox.

Thanks,

Dr. Harvey J. Stein
Berger Financial Research