Emacs STk interactive (Followup)

From: Andrew Joseph Kompanek <ak10+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 16:27:10 -0500 (EST)

It turns out that using the following:

(autoload 'run-scheme "cmuscheme" "Run STk in an emacs buffer." t)

(autoload 'scheme-mode
  "cmuscheme"
  "Mode for Scheme programming."
t)

(setq scheme-program-name "stk")

does not work properly in xemacs. STk starts up and you can send
commands to the interpreter but standard out is not flushed properly.
No output occurs until you kill the interpreter.

When I do this under emacs 19, I get an "inferior scheme" mode window
which simply runs stk in a shell... which gives me command line editing
but isn't as nice as the interactive mode which lets me send commands
to the interpeter, etc...

Anybody have the final word on doing this -- unfortunately, I don't
know much about customizing emacs and some advice would really
help.

Thanks again,
Drew