Re: SGI-installation / csh-problem

From: Hilmar Lapp <hili_at_al-bundy.biologie.uni-freiburg.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 19:16:40 +0000

Hi

I've opened this subject some time ago and I would like to thank all who
tried to help. My problems originated mainly in my own fault: I thought I
had tried version 2.1.5, but in fact it had been 2.1.4.

Upon trying version 2.1.5 I got some mysterious and weird error messages
from "make", "pmake" (BSD-style) made only slight differences. It took
half an hour, until I found out that it's the csh leading to those
errors.
I would like to suggest that someone could add a line "SHELL=/bin/sh" to
the makefiles. This would prevent csh-users on Irix 5.2 (and perhaps
some else people on other machines) from trying to trace non-existent
makefile errors.

yours

        Hilmar

Hilmar Lapp e-mail: hlapp_at_deep-thought.biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Institut f. Biologie II http://www.biologie.uni-freiburg.de/~hili/hili.html
Universitaet Freiburg phone : +49 761 203 2656