install.sh / SGI-installation

From: Hilmar Lapp <hili_at_al-bundy.biologie.uni-freiburg.de>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 19:38:45 +0000

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this mailing list, but quite impressed about STk.
Thinking about it being quite portable (because STk seems to be) I
immediatly tried to build on one of our silicon graphics (running Irix
5.2), after I had the pleasure of building such a big package without a
single (!) error message on my linux box.

Though the Xhibition-poster says, that STk runs on SGIs (among others), I
ended up very soon: the configure script wasn't able too find a
"BSDish"-like install, nor a "install.sh"-script. The latter should have
been in the STk-package (got version 2.1.5), I think (configure tries to
find it in ./ and ../), but actually it's not.

So, does anyone have this script, and perhaps he could email me ? Or a
"BSDish" install for SGIs ?

Or do I have to be a SGI-guru to succeed in building STk on that machine
type (don't know why, but it's not listed in the configure.in) ?

Any kind of help appreciated.

vy Hilmar

Hilmar Lapp e-mail: hlapp_at_deep-thought.biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Institut f. Biologie II http://www.biologie.uni-freiburg.de/~hili/hili.html
Universitaet Freiburg phone : +49 761 203 2656