Re: set-car! bug? (or feature)

From: Tom Tromey <tromey_at_busco.lanl.gov>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 95 13:10:17 MST

Steve> R4 says the following should produce an "error" (pg 16). Looks like
Steve> STk allows the function to be directly modified with set-car!

According to the report I have (which, sadly, is 3.99), an
implementation is not required to report an error under these
conditions, because the magic phrase ("an error is signalled") is not
mentioned in section 4.1.2. That section simply says "it is an
error", which means the implementation might report an error but is
not required to.

I agree that it would be nice if STk would report an error under these
circumstances, all other things being equal.

Tom
--
tromey_at_busco.lanl.gov             Member, League for Programming Freedom
Let no one tell me that silence gives consent, because whoever is