Tk return value

From: <Marc.Furrer_at_di.epfl.ch>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 94 08:56:14 +0100

I have a little program that display the time and watch my mailbox.
It uses the (after nb-milisecs '(callback)) function. Problem is
that sometimes the after failed (returning "bad milliseconds value")
and Stk expect an integer from after, not a string. Terefore I get
a :
*** Error:
expected integer but got ""bad milliseconds value ""

and the program ends. I can probably capture this with a catch (haven't tried
yet). But I wonder if this case shouldn't be addressed in the Stk interface
to Tk. I mean in the general case of non conformant return value. In my
opignion Stk can just try to convert the value, and return the string if
it fails. What do you think about it ?

Marc.

--
Furrer Marc 		    EPFL DI-LTI, 1015 Lausanne, Suisse
Marc.Furrer_at_di.epfl.ch      +41 21 693 29 07 / 66 00 (Fax)