Re: Question about wm and winfo

From: Stig <stig_at_netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 94 05:40 PST

Frank Ridderbusch wrote:

> 3. I'm teribbly missing something like line numbers.
>
> It happens, while I'm editing, that I forget to remove an extra ')'.
> STk complains, that it read an extra ')'. It usually take quite
> time to locate that extra ')', even with Emacs.

Huh? With emacs, it should be a piece of cake... Go to the beginning of the
buffer and do forward-sexp until you get an error. forward-sexp is normally
bound to M-C-f.

    Stig

(defun find-extra-paren (backwards)
  "Scan forward through the buffer for an unmatched paren.
Go backwards if a prefix argument is given. [Stig_at_netcom.com]"
  (interactive "P")
  (if backwards
      (progn
        (goto-char (point-max))