stklos 0.53 on alpha

From: Dr.R.F.Wolpert <wolpert_at_uark.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 13:49:27 -0500

Replying to my own query: stklos 0.53 compiles on alpha-architecture with the
following patch to gcconfig.h:

15a16,23

> /*
> * This header is private to the gc. It is almost always included from
> * gc_priv.h. However it is possible to include it by itself if just the
> * configuration macros are needed. In that
> * case, a few declarations relying on types declared in gc_priv.h will be
> * omitted.
> */
1796c1804
< # if defined(SEARCH_FOR_DATA_START)
---
> # if defined(SEARCH_FOR_DATA_START) && defined(GC_PRIVATE_H)
1944a1953
> #	  ifdef GC_PRIVATE_H
1945a1955
> #	  endif
1961c1971,1973
< 		      extern ptr_t GC_wince_get_mem();
---
> #	      ifdef GC_PRIVATE_H
> 		extern ptr_t GC_wince_get_mem();
> #	      endif
1970c1982,1984
< 			extern ptr_t GC_unix_get_mem();
---
> #	        ifdef GC_PRIVATE_H
> 		  extern ptr_t GC_unix_get_mem();
> #		endif
I understand that the newest newest version (which could be just dropped into
place?) of the gc has this all fixed.
Also, one needs a newer version of gtk to complete compilation of stklos-0.53:
one of the alphas with Linux Red Hat 6.2 drops out, and another alpha running
Linux Red Hat 7.1 compiles without complaints.
Rembrandt
Dr R. F. Wolpert, Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences,
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
Tel. (479) 575-5087                   Fax: (479) 575-5409
                      We don't have much money to do this,
                          so we're going to have to think.
                                         Ernest Rutherford