Problem with STk 3.99.4 on Solaris 2.6

From: Paul Anderson <paul_at_grammatech.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 12:33:03 -0500

Erick et al:

I have a user with our STk application (based on 3.99.4) running
on Solaris 2.6. He sees runtime errors in the application
that I am finding impossible to reproduce with my machine, even
if I try to make it as similar as possible to his.

The symptoms differ from run to run. But they seem to fall
into the following classes:

1. Messed-up stack or environment. The stack trace shows
a call to a function, but the arguments to that function
are wrong. That is, the stack trace shows that the function
was called with several arguments - a text widget and a few frame
widgets. However, in the text of the program there is only
one ocurrence of a call to that function, and its arguments
are a text widget, an instance of a class, and an integer.

2. Functions called mysteriously. A run of the program with
a set of arguments that ought to preclude it from ever
calling a certain function ends up calling that function
anyway.

The problem does not appear to be related to either the
window manager or the X resources, as he can run it
using an X server on his laptop and it still exhibits
the same set of problems.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Does anyone have any clue as to why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,

Paul.

______
Paul Anderson. GrammaTech, Inc. Tel: +1 607 273-7340
mailto:paul_at_grammatech.com http://www.grammatech.com