a little help

From: Brian Denheyer <briand_at_seanet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:19:44 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to pass an STk vector to a Tk routine and want to be able
to use the STk vector to initialize some data structures. However
only the NAME of the variable is being passed as a (char *).

Is there a way to do this ??

I think that I need to

1. be able to lookup the environment (do I need to modify the data structure to include an environment ?).

2. Convert the string name to a symbol and then use that and the
   environment in STk_varloolup.

Any pointers, example code, or pointers to example code will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian