Serial port access

From: Grant Edwards <grante_at_visi.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:11:47 -0500

Hi all,

I am thinking about using STk to write a user interface for a
laboratory scale (a Sartorius LP-something, if you care). The scale
has a serial port and implements a simple ASCII command/response
protocol (each command or reply is terminated by cr/lf).

Is there a Scheme version of the termios interface (tcgetattr(),
tcsetattr())? I need to be able to set baud rate, data bits,
handshaking, etc. It would also be nice if I could take advantage of
the MIN and TIME settings in termios so that reads on the port will
time out if the scale doesn't reply.

I could write a C function that is called via the foriegn function
interface, but I thought there might be something already done...

--
Grant Edwards
grante_at_visi.com