Re: STk-3.99.4 Japanize patch

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_taloa.unice.fr>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 16:13:49 +0200 (CEST)

SHINYAMA Yusuke writes:
> I don't know how many Japanese are subscribing this mailing list,
> but now I have made a STk-3.99.4 Japanize patch.

I don't have the distribution list by hand so I cannot say for sure
now. But last time I have tried to see where people come from, the
".jp" addresses were in the top of the list (or even the higher after
the ".com"). But it was a long time ago and things have perhaps
changed. Anyway, there is for sure some interest in your patch.

> This patch changes Tcl/Tk part only. Some kanji features will be added.
> Japanese Input Method (kinput2) is available. I've done nothing with
> the scheme interpreter.
>
> See,
> ftp://ftp.cs.titech.ac.jp/lab/tanaka/pub/STk/STk-3.99.4jp.patch.gz
> (Gzipped text file, 220KBytes)
>
> and you can try this at the top of the STk-3.99.4 source tree:
>
> % gzip -dc STk-3.99.4jp.patch.gz | patch -p1
>
> I heard a new version of STk is coming soon.
> Does it changes considerably in Tk part?

I will integrate your changes for next release.
Tk part are for now unchanged. Perhaps, I will try to use the 8.0.5
version for 8.0. (it depends of the work it demands and the risk to
make things unstable, but since the changes between Tcl/Tk 8.0.3 and
Tcl/Tk 8.0.5 are mostly in the Tcl part, from the changelog file, it
should not bring problems). Anyway I will contact you if I have
problems :-)

                -- Erick