Re: Persistent Objects

From: Ralf Berger <Ralf.Berger_at_IPK.FhG.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:41:41 +0100

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, dtillman wrote:
> That may be a bad phrase for the subject. I have a need to
> store stklos objects in a persistent manner - in a text file
> or dbm file, for example.
>
> Is there any way to do this? Or, should just give up on trying
> to use the objects and just use simple lists?
>
> -Dave

Iīve written a MOP for persistent objects by using the postgreSQL
database.

Some of the features are:
- automatic SQL-Schema generation from scheme sources,
- automatic slot accessing to the database
- object identity
- storing scheme-lists
- automatic
much more.

Iīve developed it for my PhD thesis (wich are not ready by now) but
itīs only on the infrastructure-level, so it needs some documentation!
Thatīs the cause Iīve never contributed it to the list. But itīs
suprising stable. (I use this even for an industry project!)

If itīs of interest to you, I will mail it to you. But this could
take two or three days, because there is some action on my side.

Regards
        Ralf

 --
Fraunhofer IPK
Dipl.-Inform. Ralf Berger

Tel.: ++49-(0)30 390 06 129
Fax.: ++49-(0)30 391 10 37

---
In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when
there is no longer anything to add, but when there is
no longer anything to take away.
Antoine de Saint Exupery