How many Schemes from Nice?

From: Thomas Buerger <thomas.buerger_at_tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 09:56:14 +0100

In news://comp.os.linux.announce there was an announcement for OpenScheme from
"Erian Concepts", a Scheme Programming environment "similar" to STk (GUI,
CLOS,...) and it comes also from Nice in France. Seems to be a very "schemish"
town (STk, Bigloo, OpenScheme)?

My Questions: Is there any relation between the developement of OpenScheme and
STk - a common root of developement or a concept to become compatible one day?
Has someone experienced the quality of OpenScheme in comparison to STk?

Thomas

PS: Perhaps I should spend my next holydays in Nice to become a bit "inspired"
of the schemish atmosphere ;-)

INSTITUT FUER APPARATEBAU UND ANLAGENTECHNIK      Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Buerger
     TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET CLAUSTHAL            Tel.: (49)5323/953-412
               Am Regenbogen 15                   Fax.: (49)5323/953-499
       D-38678 Clausthal-Z. (Germany)  Email:thomas.buerger_at_tu-clausthal.de
Schwerpunkt: Einsatz der Nahbereichsphotogrammetrie im Anlagenbau.
    Project: Application of close-range-photogrammetry in plant engineering.