Re: Duplication of effort.

From: Russ McManus <russell.mcmanus_at_gs.com>
Date: 06 Oct 1998 12:56:36 -0400

"Harvey J. Stein" <hjstein_at_bfr.co.il> writes:

> 3. Put your money where your mouth is.
>
> If you think it's a good idea to merge Scheme implementations, then do
> it! Why argue about it on the net? Or is the idea to try to convince
> developers to do the work for you?

Um, OK. I think that's what many people are doing.

The motivation is not for his benefit alone. Actually, the
benficiaries would be the many people who decide to start writing
applications in scheme because there is a nice implementation for
doing so, and would be saved the pain of perl or tcl.

If someone thinks a project has merit, it is natural, even
commendable, for that person to try to get other people to work
towards the same goal. I call this leadership.

-Russ

             -- petonic_at_hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)