Re: An intallation problem with stk 3.99 under linux

From: kubek <kubek_at_insa-tlse.fr>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 11:22:26 +0200

    Gabriele> I tried to compile stk 3.99 but I got this error when I
    Gabriele> did "make install"

    Gabriele> What can I do?

I also encountered this error. The program wish is the Tcl/Tk
interpreter and we have much better with stk :)

I think the Makefile in the Tk/unix directory wasn't upgraded from
Tcl/Tk dist to the STk one.

Workaround : You have to modify the 'top Makefile', that is the file
named Makefile under the directory STk-3.99.0. In this file delete or
comment the line containing '(cd Tk; $(MAKE) install)' under the
target 'install'. On my installation, this line has number '113'.

Warning : This workaround is very bad :(. Makefiles are
auto-generated by the configure script, so you have to redo this
modification each time you rerun configure.

    Gabriele> Thanks in advance. Gabriele.

Jean-Marie