are there hacked versions of Tk which allow "direct" canvas access

From: Brian Denheyer <briand_at_northwest.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 20:23:21 -0800 (PST)

For the type of graphics I am doing I would rather use low level
(i.e. xlib) graphics access instead of the Tk canvas. Does anybody
have experience with, or know of :

1. a way to do this
2. a hacked verison of Tk which I could link in with STk to do this.

I can see big problems with this including : bindings, redraw/refresh
events, etc...

I guess my other option is to create specific low-level widgets to do
what I want (in particular I am having problems creating a grid - it
seems to slow down other graphics when I put up multiple/stippled
lines...).

My only other option is to write everything in Elk using the Xt
interface. I'd rather use STk though because of the object system.

--
Brian Denheyer
briand_at_northwest.com