Re: Dynamic loading under Linux ELF

From: Mark Lynn <mark_at_sabado.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 10:24:14 -0400

I have understood the problem with dynamic loading under
Linux (at least on my system). Apparently, some Slackware
and Red Hat distributions are not correctly setup for
dynamic loading. I have Slackware 3.1 and had to reinstall
ldso.tgz from a newer distribution (a4 disk). Everything
compiles and works now for STk 3.1.1. Prior to this, I would
run into undefined references to dlopen(), dlsym(), etc.

For a more detailed description of the problem see

        http://www.postgreSQL.org/docs/faq-linux.shtml

In particular, questions 1.3 - 1.5.

At 05:47 PM 7/15/97 -0700, you wrote:
>mark_at_sabado.com wrote:
>>
>> I am having trouble getting STk 3.1.1 to compile with
>> dynamic loading under Linux 2.0.28. The configure script
>> correctly identifies my machine as LINUX-ELF, but a make
>> yields several undefined references in the file dynload.o.
>>

>All I can say at this point is that I experienced the same problem that
>you did.
>---
>Bt

---