garbage collection for images?

From: Andrew Dorrell <andrewd_at_ee.uts.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 19:24:51 +1100 (EST)

I use images a lot in my programming and for some time I have noticed the
size of my programs growing steadily with execution time. Finally I
twiged to the fact that images are not being destroyed when all of the
references to them (widgets using them) are destroyed. Is this an
oversight or is there some seriously twisted code in Tk which prevents
images being garbage collected?

I am using STk3.0b2 still as I use STk mostly as an extension language so
please inform and forgive if this has been fixed in 3.1

Many thanks in advance

P.S. I was amazed at the low estimates for the total number of STk
users---such an excellent package, so little appreciation---so thank you
Erick

Mr Andrew Dorrell
School of Electrical Engineering                 *
University of Technology, Sydney                     *
PO Box 123                                     *
Broadway NSW 2007                                   .
AUSTRALIA
                                                    *       /---\  Whoo?
Phone:   61 2 330 2395                                      (o o) /
Fax:     61 2 330 2435                                      ( : )
email:   andrewd_at_ee.uts.edu.au                               ^ ^
    OR   dorrell_at_ihf.uts.edu.au