how do I share objects under stklos ?

From: RHS Linux User <briand_at_localhost.northwest.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 19:00:15 -0800 (PST)

Given that I have class definitions :

(define-class <foo> ()
 (slot1 etc...))

(define-class <foo-bar> ()
 (foo-slot :init-keyword :foo-slot)
 (other slots...))

I can then initialize an instance of foo-bar with an existing foo object :

e.g.

(define make-foo-bar
 (lambda (foo-obj args)
  (make <foo-bar> :foo-slot foo-obj)))

It appears that the "foo-bar" slot now holds a reference to the intializing
object. So if I do this with multiple foo-bar objects and then change the
value of slot in the foo object the change will be reflected in all of the
foo-bar objects.

This is actually what I want...but, if I didn't want this to happen how
would I set up the foo-bar object with a local copy of foo ?
Or more exactly - how would I do this without explicitly making a new foo
object and copying all of the data from the "initializer" object to the new
local copy (i.e. automagically).

I'm kinda new at this so I hope the question makes sense...

--
Brian Denheyer
briand_at_northwest.com