Re: Problems with 'when-port-readable'

From: Erick Gallesio <eg_at_saxo.essi.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 10:54:11 +0200

> Ralf Berger writes

> I have a problem with the implementation of 'when-port-readable'.
> It allow asynchron reading whenever the file is readable.
> This new implementation of 'fileevent' seems to interrupt the main
> flow of controll. The old 'fileevent' don't do that. The old
> 'fileevent' was dispatched together with other Tk-Events. So you
> could synchronize with 'tkwait'.

I'm afraid that I don't understand what you call synchronize here.
Can you send an example of what you want to do? I don't understand how you
could use tkwait with files.

> I have read the documentation carefully but perhaps I miss something.
> So my questions are:
>
> How can I synchronize now?

Perhaps you can do a tkwait in your handler or have a handler which just
do a (after 'idle code-for-the-real-handler))

But, since I have not understood the problem, this probably don't answer your
problem.

> Is there something like a semaphore?

Not yet.

                -- Erick