win32/vc hacking fwiw

From: Jay Krell <jay.krell_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 01:04:58 -0400

(Is anyone using STk on Win32?
My motivations are a mystery to me, but just wondering.)

I'm trying to sanitize/diff what I have.
Support for dynamically linked extensions works (tested!)
and I link against GNU MP (builds and runs, gmp tests
use rand48 and random so yet untested).

Some of the path parsing was given a #conditional
dose of strchr and strrchr too.

All that's clean so far is the gmp stuff.
A yucky bash/sed script to transform the Makefile to work with nmake,
the resulting Makefile.vc, and the resulting gmp.lib
are at hickory.cee.cornell.edu/~jay/stk

The main part of dynamic linking is writing dlopen and dlsym
in terms of GetModuleHandle, LoadLibrary, and GetProcAdress.
This is trivial. Then you have to figure out __declspec(dllimport|dllexport)
and how to get data working w/o modifying every darn declaration.
This is a slight pain.

 - Jay, jay.krell_at_cornell.edu