Re: STk vs. Guile

From: Mark Galassi <rosalia_at_nis.lanl.gov>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 11:02:39 -0600

    Perry> Anyone have any opinions comparing/contrasting STk with
    Perry> Guile?

Guile has different goals from STk, and is not yet a mature product.

But I think you will see both products converging to some extent:

1. Guile will move toward having an STk-like Tk interface (I am
proposing 100% compatibility).

2. Erick is interested in adding to STk my "high-level portable"
specification for libguile. I will start working with him on it once
my satellite launches this fall (no time until then).