STk-3.1 -- dynamic loading on HP-UX

From: Clifford Beshers <beshers_at_cs.columbia.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 12:45:07 -0400 (EDT)

I've had a problem with dynamic loading on HP-UX 9.01. It works fine
with the stk/snow executables, but fails with my own executables.
When I try to load the posix library, dld complains about symbols not
found, e.g., strftime. If I try and load it a second time, it doesn't
report errors, but no functions from that library will execute.

Dynamic loading worked with my executable under STk-3.0b2. I have
copied the link line from the STk build, and used it to build my own,
but without success.

I haven't tried this on any other architectures yet.

Before I dive into this more fully, I thought I would ask if anyone
has a clue what is going on.

Thanks,

Cliff

--
Clifford Beshers                     Computer Graphics and User Interfaces Lab
beshers_at_cs.columbia.edu                         Department of Computer Science